Benefits of Baby GRASPER
More than 50% of parents in the U.S. at some point lay their babies in an adult mattress. Some know the risk of doing this but still do it, some do it without knowing the risks, and others do it by choice because they believe on benefits on doing it. We are not here just to sell our product to those parents, but to help them be informed and aware of these risks, as well as, how to minimize or even eliminate them. If you would like to read more information about this topic, or other baby sleep related topics, please check out our
1. Bed-sharing increases the chances of an adult rolling over a child causing suffocation.
2. Soft mattress/surfaces increase the chances of suffocation if the child rolls over face down and can't turn his/her head.
3. Soft items like, blankets, pillows, stuffed toys, or bumper pads around a baby increase the chances of suffocation.
4. Wedging or entrapment, which is when an infant crawls or moves and gets trapped between two objects, such as a mattress and wall, bed frame, or furniture, blocking the infant's airway.
1. There are risks and benefits from bed-sharing.
However, the decision is solely up to you. If you decide to do it, here are some recommendations by the UNICEF (page 9).
-Under 5 months: VERY high (20%)
-5 months to 1 year: Medium/Low (1%-7%)
-1 year old or older: VERY Low (less than 1%)
3. We STRONGLY recommend NOT to leave pillows, toys, blankets, or any soft items within the perimeter defined by the product while the child is sleeping.
4. We strategically chose the length of our ribbon for different reasons. The ribbon is not long enough to reach a child's neck or long enough to get wrapped around a limb. However, it is long enough to allow a child's natural sleeping movements while PREVENTING ENTRAPMENT.
**All recommendations by the AAP are for babies up to 1 year of age**
**No babies under 5 months should be laid on adult mattress because it dramatically increase the chances of SIDS or other sleep related injuries**
The purpose of the Baby GRASPER is to keep a child from falling off the bed. However, Baby GRASPER, when used correctly, will reduce the risks of entrapment/wedging and other risks related to the child reaching soft items near them.
Things to know:
The Baby GRASPER should be used on a FIRM mattress with a tight fitted sheet.
The Baby GRASPER does NOT work with flannel bed sheets.
The Baby GRASPER was designed to be used by babies when they are awake, napping, or sleeping for short periods of time.
The Baby GRASPER should ONLY be used by babies 5 months old up to 2 years old, or when they can roll over comfortably, but no more than 30 lbs.
Please use common sense before and during the use of the Baby GRASPER.
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a trained medical doctor. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider. FUMOS LLC disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information, which is provided to you on a general information basis only.